Powered By Blogger

Halloween Countdown

Daisypath Halloween tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 7 - Drink

My new "go to" beverage

I used to drink at least 24 oz. of soda a day....sometimes more!  Since moving, I still enjoy a soda now and then, but I have found a new love.  In all the grocery stores here they have multiple flavors and brands of syrup.  You can find expected flavors like Strawberry, Lemon, Raspberry and my favorite Grenadine.  But they also have some not so common flavors like Mint (tried it - tasted like mouthwash.  Yuck!) and Peach Tea.  They are inexpensive and most stores have their own brand which I have found taste as good as the higher end brands.

Just  mix a dollop of syrup with some fizzy water and you have a homemade soda!  Since I have started drinking this "concoction",  I find when I do have a soda I can barely finish it because it is too sweet!  The locals actually use this syrup to flavor milk (sounds blah to me!) for the kids as well as water.

1 comment:

  1. they had that in South Africa too! Also they had really cool flavored sparkling water...my favorite was apple mint but I assume mint on its own probably would have tasted pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete